Choose level and pay with credit card or Paypal
Support LPA with a monthly gift through Paypal
Look how far we’ve come! LPA began as a group of ordinary citizens in 1972, working to save 560 acres of open space from becoming a shooting range. Since then, we’ve grown into a robust nonprofit organization with a rich array of activities. Among them are:
- Activities to restore portions of the Las Huertas Creek watershed by holding town hall forums, engaging environmental experts, utilizing a state grant, and hands-on work;
- Free educational nature hikes, led by experts, along with free workshops such as “living like a local” — including how to harvest rain, landscape with native plants, care for a septic system and repair streams and arroyos;
- Development of the Master Plan for the Placitas Open Space to define future low impact uses of the area;
- Our first conservation easement to protect a beautiful, privately owned area from future development;
- Ongoing engagement with our congressional delegation on the BLM’s Rio Puerco Resource Management Plan, Gravel Mining in Placitas and the transfer of the Crest of Montezuma from the BLM to the Forest Service;
- Providing support to start-up nonprofits in our area that share our commitment to the community and kickstarting community activities now hosted by other non-profits such as the fall Star Party and the annual Garden Tour.
We are proud of what we have been able to accomplish. But without your support, we would not have been able to make this much progress. We thank you for your generous contributions and ask for your continuing financial support.
If programs like these are important to you, please consider joining and supporting the continuation of our work. If you are already a member, we’ll let you know when it’s time to renew your membership. Together we will continue to protect, preserve and cherish the quality of life that defines Placitas.
Las Placitas Association (LPA) is a non-profit New Mexico Corporation that has received 501(c)(3) status from the IRS. Contributions to LPA are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.