Become a member or donate online, or by mail
Look how far we've come! LPA started as a humble effort of ordinary citizens trying to save 560 acres of open space from becoming a shooting range. Since then, we've grown into a robust nonprofit with a rich array of activities. Among them:
- An effort to restore the Las Huertas Creek watershed, utilizing a state grant, environmental experts, a well-attended town hall and hands-on work.
- Free educational nature hikes, led by experts, along with free workshops on "living like a local" -- including how to harvest rain, landscape with native plants, care for a septic system and repair streams and arroyos.
- A Master Plan for the Placitas Open Space to define future low impact uses of the area;
- Our first conservation easement to protect a beautiful, privately owned area from future development;
- A watchdog group for the quality of life of Placitas residents.
We should all feel proud of what we have been able to accomplish. But without your support, we would not have been able to make this much progress. We thank you for your generous contributions and ask for your continuing financial support. We've designed a new Membership Form page, so you can now type your information in the boxes, print off the form and send it to the membership secretary.
Membership numbers are a particularly important indicator of community support. If you have enjoyed these programs we would ask you to consider joining and supporting the continuation of our programs. If you are already a member, we'll let you know when it's time to renew your membership. Together we will continue to protect, preserve and cherish the quality of life that defines Placitas.
LPA is a non-profit New Mexico Corporation that has received 501(c)(3) status from the IRS. Contributions to LPA are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Mail in: Click here for printable Form
Make checks payable and mail to:
Las Placitas Association
P.O. Box 888
Placitas NM 87043